Computers For Beginners
For adults: Looking for basic computer-use instruction? These classes are geared towards those with little or no experience, to help you conquer your discomfort with technology through positive, hands-on experiences. All tools and technology are provided, although attendees are welcome to bring their own devices. Throughout these sessions, you will:
- become acquainted with the basic components of a computer, controls, and the Windows operating system.
- be introduced to the Web and how to navigate it using common browsers and search engines like Google.
- gain understanding into the file storage system, safety settings, basic personalization, copying files to and from a cloud drive, and general computer safety best practices.
- learn to work with text and documents, including formatting and paragraphs, cutting and pasting, and saving documents.
Masks are not required but are welcome. Please do not visit the Library if you are unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Dates & Times:
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm, Thursday, July 21, 2022
1:30pm - 2:30pm, Thursday, July 28, 2022
1:30pm - 2:30pm, Thursday, August 4, 2022
1:30pm - 2:30pm, Thursday, August 11, 2022
1:30pm - 2:30pm, Thursday, August 18, 2022
1:30pm - 2:30pm, Thursday, August 25, 2022
- Rosberg Gallery Programs
- Victoria Avenue Library